The Excel GEOMEAN Function stands for geometric mean. GEOMEAN Function is categorized under the statistical function. GEOMEAN is a special type of average where it multiply the numbers together and then take a square root, cube root according to the numbers. it can be used to calculate the average rate of return with variable rates.
Purpose of Excel GEOMEAN Function
To get the geometric mean.
Returns the geometric mean of an array or range of positive data
= GEOMEAN(number1, [number2], …)
|number1||First value or reference.||Mandatory|
|[number2]|| Second value or reference. ||Optional|
- Arguments can either be numbers or names, arrays, or references that contain numbers.
- Logical values and text representations of numbers that you type directly into the list of arguments are counted.
- If an array or reference argument contains text, logical values, or empty cells, those values are ignored; however, cells with the value zero are included.
- Arguments that are error values or text that cannot be translated into numbers cause errors.
- If any data point ≤ 0, GEOMEAN returns the #NUM! error value.
Since 2007 for Windows.
Since 2011 for Mac.